If you love prawns then surely this is something to be in your to-do list next!!
I simply love anything with prawns for its exotic strong flavor it gives to the dish. This is just an experiment I did with rice and vegetables and it had turned yummmm.................
Basmathi Rice - 2 cups (soaked for half hr or more)
Mixed vegetables - As much as you want preferably 1 to 2 cups roughly chopped
Cleaned and devained prawns - 1/4th to 1/2 cup
Oil - 4tbsp
Onion - 2 large sliced
Ginger Garlic Paste - 2-3 tsp heaped
Whole spices- Clove -1, Cardamon - 1, Cinnamon - 1
Water - 4 cups
Salt - According to your taste
Dry spices - chilli powder, turmeric, coriander powder (according to your taste)
Since I wanted flavor of prawns to dominate I added the above powders very little for a mild flavor
- Heat oil in a pot, add whole spices and onion saute it for 2 mins
- Add ginger garlic paste along with prawns, mixed veggies and dry spices, mix it nicely add some water close the lid and cook till veggies are 75% cooked.
- Now add salt to taste and 4 cups water allow it to boil.
- Drained the soaked rice so that all extra moisture comes out this is very important!!
- Once it comes to rapid boil add the drained rice and allow it to boil once again in high heat
- When maximum water is absorbed by the rice and faint bubbles appear close the lid of the pot
- Put the flame to lowest of the gas mark and cook it for 12-15 mins
- Switch of the flame after the time mentioned above and allow it to rest for 30mins maximum
- After 30 minx fluff up the rice and serve hot with Raita and papad
- If you dont want to use dry spices you cant just add 2 slit green chilles for a mild spice
- Can you coriander to garnish (optional)
- You can exclude prawns and just make as veg pulao
- You can use any kind of rice desired
- Similarly you can play making varieties of rice and enjoy new taste
Hope you try and enjoy the taste
Do put me your feedback
Cya soon until next