Tuesday 21 April 2015

Raw Papaya Stuffed Parathas

Raw Papaya Stuffed Parathas

Its the most simplest & Yummy Stuffed Parathas You can ever Make.........




We are very fond of papayas!! Raw or Ripe Both are considered as a treat in my family!! I sometimes take a chance to make Raw papaya salad for myself and Mom's regular thing would be to make mixed veg gravy where papaya would be rock star giving the whole dish its sweetness to be enjoyed with rice and some spicy side dish.

My mom had asked me if I want raw papaya this time, I replied leave me a piece that would do. But may be she asked my bro if he wanted it to do something Im not sure where it cropped up from, My mom informed me that my bro wants to have papitey ka paratha. For a while I was dumb stuck coz It was almost 20yrs back from zee tv I tried making paratha once of the same and how delicious it was :D I remember we enjoyed it!! But that seemed to be 1st and last, never got raw papyas in chennai so easily until recently!! so I had to recall and yes a little bit of browsing from sanjeev kapoor again :D How Can I Forget Him, He Is The 1st Chef I Followed and Loved Watching Him Closely. I feel he was cute then lol :P 

Getting Back To The Recipe. Measurement For 3 Big Size Parathas as shown in pic. 

Wheat Flour Dough - as per ur need soft and nice

For filling
Raw Papaya Grated - 1.5 cups
Cumin - 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder - 1/4th tsp or green chillies chopped - 2-3
Dry mango powder - 1/2 tsp
Chat Masala - 1tsp
Garam Masala - 1 tsp heaped
Coriander Leaves
Salt to taste
Oil / ghee - to shallow fry, I used both

Method:
- Mix grated papaya with salt and leave it aside till you are ready to use
- Squeeze Grated papayas nicely to remove all the extra water it has emitted. Make sure no water remains everything squeezed out nicely.
- Add the other ingredients mentioned above except oil and mix well. Add some more salt to this. 



- Roll the wheat flour dough a little and place the stuffing as shown above
- Start bringing the sides of the dough to the center pinching all the sides 



- Like the pic above!! Now slowly and firmly in between the palms smoothen the stuffed ball, keep it over rolling board and press it flat gently. No Hard Pressures should be applied. Here by very soft  gentle rolling and handle with care has to be done.



- With the help of dry flour gently start rolling the parathas slowly and softly. sometimes there would be air bubbles formed while rolling, Ignore it, continue with ur soft touch Rolling until a uniform / standard size and shape has been achieved

- Lift this paratha and put over hot iron skillet and cook till both sides done. I 1st used oil a little when it was getting cooked, Once it started forming faint dark spots I added ghee and flipped both sides till nicely done. Adding ghee at last lifts up the flavor. Can use butter instead choice is yours


- While we cook it over iron skillet or non stick tawa when we see the rise of parathas while cooking it gives an immense happiness of perfect rolling and even distribution of stuffing. Parathas will not puff up when firm pressures are applied while rolling and the layer of dough is sticking to each other.  Basic thing to do for puffing up of roti or paratha is put it over hot pan, you will see color changing within 15-20 secs, flip the paratha. Allow the other side to cook till some dark spots r found, again flip the paratha and you will see how nicely paratha will puff up. Unlike roti's which will show some air pockets, parathas will show little bit of puffing and nice aroma is emitted.

To have crispy and flaky parathas make sure u cook it in low medium heat. Spread some oil too as said above and toast till done. 



Check out the above pic for the crispy flaky edges. This texture will remain for very short time So eat it quick to enjoy the goodness. After sometimes It will be soft and get little bit darker in the shade (this is the case with all stuffed parathas). Yet Yummilicious and enjoyable!!

Eat it with Pickle, Yogurt Or Raita And Love ur trial with this yumm dish

* I have added spices according to my taste, You can adjust the same when using more quantity of papayas. But always make sure the fillings spice and salt should always be more as if u cant eat it just like that. It should be little stronger than your taste buds can accept. 

Reason: Wheat flour dough is bland in nature and will be covering the whole stuffing around. So while eating It will be a perfect combo. In case if very light spices r used for filling parathas are not much enjoyable. This is my personal experience over stuffed parathas making, I learnt this trick myself when I was doing trial and error in making  paratha long back :D 

That's it for today :) Hope u make n enjoy one urself!! Any doubts or quire feel free to ask me in comment section!! Check back or click notify me check box to know the response.

Cya until next :)




Share This

7 comments:

  1. Super yummy..stuffed paratha

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... so puffed up... pls pass one over here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an invention. Never tried such a paratha. Looks really tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice creation .even. V cook using raw recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a twist to normal stuffed parathas...

    ReplyDelete
  6. nicely done http://rbplatters.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

Your Feedback Means Alot :) Do Drop Ur Word Of Thoughts

About Us

Designed By Seo Blogger Templates- Published By Gooyaabi Templates