Tuesday 17 March 2015

Chocolate Beetroot Cake

Chocolate Beetroot Cake

Like my family I know there are many other families who may not like veggies clubbed up with desserts and cakes. Vegetables have their own ranks and should be used as per their tastes in our diet.


 But not anymore!! Our preferences are changing, our diets have changed. We are more nutrition concerned about every food we intake. With time we compromise with so many things. But never compromise with the taste and nutrition of any food you consume. In my family nobody is a beetroot fan and its difficult to make them consume the veggie even just like that. When mom got beetroots this time I dont know why she got it though, I took a chance to bake a cake in her absence. This is called baking like a thief haha. Just to make sure she dosent comes to know the secret ingredients added. Otherwise I should be 200% sure she will not even touch it!!


After my search of recipes in various blogs and websites I found one particular website which provided a very quick and easy Chocolate beetroot cake method with lots of positive feed backs . I simple couldn't resist and tried it out. You can see the result in the pics.  Lets check out with the recipe....

Ingredients:
2 egg
1/2 cup oil
1 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup plain flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp coffee powder heaped
1 cup canned beetroot drained reserve liquid (check notes)

Method
- Beat together oil, sugar and egg.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients together with beetroot puree until smooth.
- Line a round tin with baking paper.
- Bake at 170C for 50-60 minutes. I baked in normal pot without oven or pressure cooker method
Method can be found under this link Fool Proof Baking Without Oven Or Pressure Cooker


Notes:
- I did not had beetroot puree, I used 1 large grated beetroot cooked 3/4th cup of water to fade away the raw veggie smell. cook till the water evaporates but still moist do not dry it out!!. Allow it to at least warm down before use.
- Recipe called for 3/4th cup oil. I used 1/2 cup but still felt oil showing in fingers so I may suggest to reduce 1 or 2 tbsp oil from the half cup oil mentioned above.
- If you prefer more chocolaty taste I would suggest you to add half cup of dark chocolate. It will really enhance the taste of this cake!!


Impression!!
Cake was really very soft and moist no beetroot was detected at all until said!! 
It was looking firm and crumbly outside, very soft and moist inside

Its a very healthy and nutritious deal!! 

Not to mention by I really had a tuf time to capture the originality of how the cake looked like. It was all dark and non responsive showing towards the texture. After so many clicks I started feeling the problem is either with my eyes or the lenses. It was a total fed up try until I started placing it in various lights and direction to get the texture shown :D and finally it is up in the blog. 

Dont worry about its looks, one cant judge the taste just by a mere looking at pictures available across websites. Try this simple recipe it is just a keeper for sure :)


Do let us know when you try it out :)
Share This

6 comments:

  1. I love carrot cake but never tried with beetroot. Will try soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a beetroot cake in my drafts... I totally agree, it gives the cake such a moist texture and no one would even know till you tell them and they gasp back at you, "what???" Looks really good dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Healthy invention. The cake is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks so good...I am a recent fan of beetroot and this post is tempting me to try it...yumm and healthy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very healthy and scrumptious cake:)

    ReplyDelete

Your Feedback Means Alot :) Do Drop Ur Word Of Thoughts

About Us

Designed By Seo Blogger Templates- Published By Gooyaabi Templates