Tuesday 31 March 2015

Carrot & Beetroot Poriyal / Dry Curry

Carrot & Beetroot Poriyal / Dry Curry

This simple Poriyal is Wonderful side dish to any south indian cuisine. Goes along so well with most of the main dishes we prepare. 


Time is flying and Im sure nobody would deny this!! My Blog Completed 2yrs and It just feels I started few days back :) 
I agree im not so very passionate towards blogging like earlier but this is life and it goes on with all the ups and downs, good and bad,  I thank all my blogger friends and my readers for being such a lovely support to me. Rightly said that " Show must go on " 

Insha Allah I'll try my best to add in recipes for my sake atleast lolz :)

Getting back to the recipe, As I mentioned in my Chocolate Beetroot Cake Recipe That for certain Reason we dont use beetroots but god known why mom purchased it this time, It was large and juicy I loved working with it!! It tinted my hands just the right way I love the redish pink shade!! 

I surprisingly found mom has made this poriyal to go along with rice and rasam. Also some papad to go along with it. It was just a typical yumm South Indian Treat For Us!! 

Serves - 2-3 People
Level - Very Easy

Idle for Summers Light to eat with less spice

Ingredients
Beetroot - 1 large Roughly chopped
Carrot - 1 large Roughly Chopped
Onion - 2 medium size Roughly Chopped
Slit Green Chillies - 3-4
Salt
Coconut Grated 1/4th cup

For Tempering
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Urad daal - 2 tsp
Curry leaves - few
Oil - 1tbsp

Method
- Heat Oil In a pan, Add mustard seeds allow it to splutter, Lower the flame and add urad daal and cook for a min in low flame itself.
- Now add Curry leaves and dont allow it to get too much fried Add in Green chillies, onion, beeteroot and carrot. 
- Add in salt mix it well and close the lid of pan, allow it to cook in low flame and get soften. This will take 15-20 mins. Keep stirring in between!!
- Once you check the veggies are cooked add in coconut gratings and saute it for a min or 2 in high flame and you are done!!


Notes:
- Double the Quantity for more people
- Adjust green chillies according to your taste.
- Never tried with dry spices. But if you want you can try urself following the same procedure. I feel its simplicity will be lost if we add dry spices.
- This poriyal will be more on sweeter side so it will go well with roti and paratha too. Curd rice, lemon rice, steamed rice are few other options I can recall for now
- Dont omit coconut as it gives a very nice flavor and twist to the poriyal
- Second time my mom made this she added 1/4th cup of soaked moong daal to this along with veggies while cooking and it tasted equally yumm!!
- Cooking time may or may not exceed, just check if the veggies are done or not

Sssshhhhh....... I ate just like that too I loved this simple sabzi so much :D

Do try it and let us know how it turned

Cya until next :)




Share This

4 comments:

Your Feedback Means Alot :) Do Drop Ur Word Of Thoughts

About Us

Designed By Seo Blogger Templates- Published By Gooyaabi Templates