Call it a diet food, yes I made this for my bro when he was in baatni diet. its a strange diet with restricted food allowed and spending 40 days in such diet is a trauma for the people who go thru it. Baatni diet comes under specific medication of taking fish medicine for asthma which is conducted once a year in Hyderabad, in the month of June.
Basmati Rice - 2 cups (soaked for 30mins)
Toor Daal - 1/4th cup (soaked for an hr)
Spinach - 1 cup chopped
Dry chillies - 3-4
Garlic - 5-6 big cloves slice
Ghee - 2-3 tbsp
Salt to taste
- In a pan add ghee, add red chillies and garlic slices. saute for a minute in medium flame.
- Add in the rinsed rice and dal and saute till extra moisture evaporates.
- Add in 4 cups water + 1/4th cup , salt to taste and spinach.
- Allow it to boil till water starts to get soaked up and rice lentils double in the volume
- Close the lid of the pan and keep the flame to the lowest
- Let it cook for 8-10 mins. Open the lid and check if its done!!
- Give it a stir. If more time is needed close the lid and keep for 5 more mins, that would be more than enough!!
- Ready to serve!!
- Serve it with any side dish as you please, My bro had it as it is!!
- Since this is a diet recipe, still taste very gud but incase you want some spice, add slit green chillies while cooking!!
- When you stir make sure you insert the spoon down to the pan and then move it up. This will make sure rice fluf up as well as dont break
- 1/4th cup extra water is added as we have added lentils even that needs some amt of water to cook
- Rest of the cooking process will be done in slow cook steam method.
- Still if u find rice is not done you can sprinkle some hot water from top and do the cooking in low flame for few more mins
Hope you guys like this recipe :) It was made for my bro alone and he loved it!!