Sunday 1 June 2014

Mango Custard Drink

Mango Custard Drink

This is an amazing drink which happened to be created by accident.

Im extremely sorry for the low pic quality, my cam is on trip with my bro in his vaccination trip, and Im still happy I got my webcam to do the job (Something is better than nothing) My webcam was the only source to click pics in the initial days of blogging and it never let me down :)

My Purpose to utilize mango was to make a dessert, I decided to make mango custard as my uncle and aunt was here last night. But as the process took place it became more Like a drink and I'll tell you how :)

Ingredients:
Full Cream Milk - 1/2 liter
Mango - Large Size (chopped finely)
Cornflour - 1/4th cup
Sugar - 2-3 tbsp
Cornflakes - 3/4th - 1 cup

Method:
- Boil milk with 1 cup of water.
- Dilute cornflour into a paste and keep it ready, As milk boils add this paste by constantly stirring the milk so that no lumps form.
- Add in sugar and and cook for another 2-3 mins. 
- You will have nice thick consistency custard with u now.
- Set this aside for cooling
- When the temp drops, add in cornflakes and finely chopped mangoes to the prepared custard (as you add mangoes take them little by little squeeze it in ur fist lightly let extra juice come out to flavor up the custard and remaining chunks of mangoes in hand be added to custard too, Like this do it with all chopped mangoes)
Let it for cooling.

After sometime was a shocker custard has lost its consistency to much liquid now which was more like a drink with mango chunks squeezed in....

Ok so lets make this accidental drink more drinkable I though :)

To this I added

Pinch of saffron
Elaichi Powder - 1/2tsp
Sliced almonds - 1tbsp
Honey - 1 - 2 tbsp depending upon taste, As sugar added to above custard was too less.

Mix all the mentioned above and allow it to cool atleast for 4-5hrs for flavors to infuse

Serve it chillied

Notes:
- Use sweetest Mango if u got it really boosts the taste
- Since base of the drink lies with cornflour it has a unique texture, which cannot be got when done with milk alone
- You can use condensed milk for richer taste
- Serve along with cornflakes 
- Can use vanilla custard powder instead of cornflour 

You Gotta Believe me this was the most wonderful drink with mango after mango lassi. All the flavors got infused so well it gave a unique taste to the whole thing.

This drink got appreciation and liked by all at home!!

I had this with cornflakes in the morning when I woke up for fasting and I couldn't believe my taste buds were actually having a great treat.
May be next time when I make this on purpose (not accidental)
I'll serve it along with some crispy cornflakes on top so that all of us can have double treat of munching some crisp along with mango chunks and gudness of milk


If you ever happen to come in such situations like me do not panic, we never know things happen with us for something much better.....

Ever u happen to try this Pls give ur feedback on how it turned :)









Share This

11 comments:

  1. Love that custard :) Thanks for stopping by, and hope to see you more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg! this is one treat to eyes and tongue...so tempting gal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. refreshing cooler,perfect for summers !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it....perfect to be served during this hot summer

    ReplyDelete
  5. MashAllah don't you love it when things that were'nt supposed to work together, work out so beautifully?
    Lovely drink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mango custard looks yum yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done with the drink, sometimes kitchen accidents gives fabulous dishes na.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nutritious and filling for the tummy.

    ReplyDelete

Your Feedback Means Alot :) Do Drop Ur Word Of Thoughts

About Us

Designed By Seo Blogger Templates- Published By Gooyaabi Templates