Flavorful Rasam Powder In Hands within minutes
Honestly Im not a Rasam Fan! My mom makes garlic rasam and that was the only rasam existed to me till I made Rasam myself. I dont like much of sourness and my tastebuds refuse to accept it happily. I can tolarate sourness only when proportionately balanced.
I still remember when I saw rasam powder in market I shrugged my shoulder thinking what does a rasam powder have to do with the taste? Well Completely not interested!! Until I saw Rasam Recipe online and wanted to try my hands on it. The recipe called for Rasam Powder, And I gained knowledge Rasam powder can be made at home as well.
So my attempt to make rasam powder was successful!!
Here goes the recipe:
Coriander seeds - 2tablespoon
Toor daal - 2 tablespoon
Black pepper - 1 tablespoon
Red chilli whole - 4-5
Fenugreek seeds/ methi dana - 1/2tsp
Cumin seeds 1 and 1/2tsp
- Dry roast all ingredients in a pan over low medium heat till evenly golden brown, and nice aroma start emitting
- Allow this mixture to cool
- Grind it in a mixer to make fine powder as possible
- Allow it to rest for a while
- Store in a air tight container. Use as and when needed.
- If u intend to make more double the ingredients measurement.
- Its always gud to make little and use it fresh for extra flavor
- If ur regular rasam person then u can make it in large batch and store it
- The one I made last is almost 3 months now and still the flavors are in tact so be assured that making it in large batches wont ruin the taste if kept for longer period of time :)
- Even if the powder is ground coarsely never mind, it wont be a problem when it gets cooked
Awesomely flavorful and a keeper recipe for any time go!!
Its fragrance and flavor is never dying, It rightly serves the purpose its made for!!!