Tuesday 24 September 2013

HOME MADE RASAM POWDER

HOME MADE RASAM POWDER


Flavorful Rasam Powder In Hands within minutes



Honestly Im not a Rasam Fan! My mom makes garlic rasam and that was the only rasam existed to me till I made Rasam myself. I dont like much of sourness and my tastebuds refuse to accept it happily. I can tolarate sourness only when proportionately  balanced. 

I still remember when I saw rasam powder in market I shrugged my shoulder thinking what does a rasam powder have to do with the taste? Well Completely not interested!! Until I saw Rasam Recipe online and wanted to try my hands on it. The recipe called for Rasam Powder, And I gained knowledge Rasam powder can be made at home as well.

So my attempt to make rasam powder was successful!!

Here goes the recipe:

Ingredients

Coriander seeds - 2tablespoon
Toor daal - 2 tablespoon
Black pepper - 1 tablespoon
Red chilli whole - 4-5
Fenugreek seeds/ methi dana - 1/2tsp
Cumin seeds 1 and 1/2tsp

Method:

- Dry roast all ingredients in a pan over low medium heat till evenly golden brown, and nice aroma start emitting
- Allow this mixture to cool
- Grind it in a mixer to make fine powder as possible
- Allow it to rest for a while
- Store in a air tight container. Use as and when needed.




Notes:

- If u intend to make more double the ingredients measurement.
- Its always gud to make little and use it fresh for extra flavor
- If ur regular rasam person then u can make it in large batch and store it
- The one I made last is almost 3 months now and still the flavors are in tact so be assured that making it in large batches wont ruin the taste if kept for longer period of time :)
- Even if the powder is ground coarsely never mind, it wont be a problem when it gets cooked

Impression:

Awesomely flavorful and a keeper recipe for any time go!!
Its fragrance and flavor is never dying, It rightly serves the purpose its made for!!!















Share This

16 comments:

  1. good 1 rumana... i've never made any powders myself... should, I guess...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. raff this is aara here :D do try it im sure u'll love it :)

      Delete
  2. love home made powder.. love the flavour of this recipe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cant imagine my pantry without this rasam powder,a must at home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unlike you, we are a big big fan of rasam. We can have rasam everyday yet we are never bored with it. I also simply love the sour note in rasam. This is an excellent recipe for me, making the podi and using it as and when needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there are many south Indian families as u mention it all depends on taste preference since my native is orrisa im a little low towards sourness :D and high towards sweet :D

      Delete
  5. Delicious rasam powder, I too make pepper rasam powder in home. Regular one I buy from outside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. useful post that would definitely help me in making my own rasam powder if anytime I go for trying rasam. I have yet to try rasam, will follow it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try dear Hope u'll love making it again n again :)

      Delete
  7. nice post dear...jsut that i am too lazy to be doing all these myself ...hummm...hey...do drop by my pick quicks blog too when u get the time.. lets stay connected beyond the kitchen as well. ..regards n take care...
    http://pickquicks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your Feedback Means Alot :) Do Drop Ur Word Of Thoughts

About Us

Designed By Seo Blogger Templates- Published By Gooyaabi Templates