Summers Have Become So Special To Us
Coz we r lavishly treating our taste buds with chilled drinks, natural juices and desserts like ice creams, Home made or store brought does not matter. We just need some refreshment in this hot hot humid climate :)
Its the drinks doing round every where in each blog and events its good to view every ones creativity which is unique in their own self.
Aam panna dosent need an introduction as such!! All of us are aware of the drink but how many really tasted it???
If u havent pls pls pls go ahead preparing aam panna and treating yourself. I had prepared aam panna watching a tv show long back when I was a teenager, but that time my family dint really accepted the taste. And being new to the concept myself I dint knew how the actual flavor has to be. That was the end and I never bothered abt aam ka panna. Instead my mom prepared another version which was originally from Orrisa which I will talk abt in my next post!!
Finally seeing Aam Panna Everywhere in fb and blogs I was just thinking to prepare once again and check out. Fortunately we had loads of raw mangoes sent by a relative and I made sure I keep a few for my experiments. Mom took majority to make aam chur. (dry mangoes). I chopped down few to make khatta meetha achar, and saved 7 small mangoes to try aam ka panna. Unfortunately the week ahead after that was so busy that I dint really had time do look at those mangoes kept.
When things got normal and I had time for myself I decided to work on this. But bfr that some googling was important. I found out of 7 mangoes 2 had spoil t and 5 are safe. Good!!! Start the process. I found 2-3 websites and got the base of combinations included and started my work
Raw mangoes - small in size 5
2 tsp roasted cumin seeds powder
2tsp rock salt
Sugar depending upon taste
Water depending upon consistency you desire
- Boil the mangoes for 2-3 whistle in pressure cooker
- Peal the skin and scoop out the pulp once its cooled down.
- Now add all the ingredients together and blend in.
- Adjust sugar and water acordingly
- Sieve If desired
- Serve Chilled
- Mango Puree can be kept in frigde for 2-3 days until ready to use
- Drink somehow I felt gets thicker and denser as it chills
- Dont feel rocksalt is more, even I felt the same but after adding sugar and chilling it, Taste was perfect!!!
- Some recipes called to add a pinch of chilli powder, I omitted it
- Adding ice cubes wont make a difference, chill it completly and serve with ice cubes if you like
- Some people add pudina leaves too, I omitted.
- Since I used Crushed roasted cumin seeds, After grinding in mixer I sieved it.
- Drink in by taking small sips you will relish the taste
- Was liked by everyone, My mom ended asking me if I added any thickening to the juice lolz
- The color of drink was between light yellow and light green, Which is difficult to be shown thru a lens
- Small kids might not like my 4yr old cousin took a sip and gave back to her mom, So This aint kids friendly for sure. May be elder children above 5/6 can find it better for their taste buds :)
Taste Of Tropics - Mango Chef Mireille
Cooking With Green